“Do more things that make you forget to check your phone”
It seems like these days you can do anything you want from your phone, even some people’s jobs can solely be done on their phone! That being said, it can be very easy to get wrapped up in your phone and then realize that you wasted a few hours and are unfulfilled with all that screen time. That is why it’s important to spend time doing activities and other hobbies that don’t include your phone. A way to disconnect from others in the online world. That’s why today I’m going to give you 10 things/hobbies/activities that you can do in your free time!
10 Things to do
1. Journal – Journaling can help you process all of your thoughts and feelings and become more in tune with yourself!
2. Exercise – Exercising can clearly outweigh being on your phone! It is important to move your body for both your mental and physical health.
3. Read – Instead of relying on your phone for a source of entertainment, pick up a book! Reading can also help improve your focus, memory, empathy, and
4. Bake or Cook – This could be the start of learning how to bake or cook, or simply mastering your favorite dish! It’s a good activity to help you step away from your phone.
5. Hang out with friends – Instead of making
connections over the phone, spend some time with your friends together in person!
6. Set goals – Setting goals can help you shift your focus to things that you are striving to accomplish! Perhaps a goal could be less screen time!
7. Volunteer – Getting off your phone and
volunteering can give you a sense of
accomplishment and help your community so much!
8. Go for a walk – While walking can also be considered a form of exercise it is also a great tool to immerse yourself in nature and clear your head!
9. Do some self-care – Self-care can help you detach from your phone and focus on yourself and taking care of yourself!
10. Clean – There is nothing like that fresh clean feeling and smell! Unplugging from your phone and taking care and cleaning your surroundings can give you a big boost!
Next time you go to pick up your phone and mindlessly scroll, ask yourself why you are picking up your phone. Make sure to be mindful about your phone usage and instead of relying on your phone, create phone-free moments.