“Take care of yourself. It’s the only place you have to live.” -Jim Rohn
Maintaining your health can seem a bit intimidating, especially if you are busy and it is hard to find time for yourself. There are simple things that you can do throughout the day to maintain your health and in the long run, it will pay off! Just think of it as a form of self-care!
Why Maintaining Your Health is Important
Maintaining your health and living a healthy lifestyle can help with your self-esteem and self-image which can grow your confidence and enhance your mood. A healthy lifestyle can also help prevent different diseases and illnesses that can affect you long-term. Also it can help you reduce your stress and anxiety by handling it with a form of exercise.
Ways to Maintain Your Health
● Drink water and stay hydrated – drinking water can flush out toxins, improve skin complexion, and help you concentrate and be more alert.
● Reduce screen time – reducing screen time can reduce eye strain, improve sleep habits, lower stress, and help with your focus and brain
● Get 8+ hours of sleep – getting enough sleep at night can help you think clearly, reduce stress, boost your immune system, and elevate your mood.
● Exercise Regularly – regular exercise is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your health. It can help you manage weight, reduce your risk of disease, and improve your mood.
● Eat healthy meals – eating healthy meals and three meals a day can strengthen your bones, boost immunity, supports muscles, and helps the digestive system function.
● Protect your skin – It is important to protect your skin from the sun using sunscreen and
protective clothing and hats. Doing so avoids sunburn and the potential risk of skin cancer. Plus it helps prevent wrinkles and sun spots in the future.
“A healthy outside starts from the inside.”
If you want to have more healthy habits, try tracking them! Habit tracking helps with the motivation to see the progress you are making and lessens the chance of breaking your streak!