“If I asked you to name all of the things you love, how long would it take you to name yourself?” – Unknown
Self-care and self-love go hand-in-hand, self-care is taking care of yourself at the mental and physical level and self-love is showing kindness and grace to yourself. Self-care can lead to self-love in the way that taking part in self-care is a physical way that we can show ourselves love.
As mentioned before, self-care can lead to self-love so it is important to take time for yourself and truly care for yourself. Self-care benefits well-being and promotes positive health outcomes!
Here is a list of things that you can do for self-care!
- Get enough sleep – the amount of sleep you get each night elevates your mood and energy levels!
- Incorporate movement into your daily routine – something as little as a walk during the day can help you clear your head and reduce anxiety.
- Eat healthy – nourishing your body is vital to provide your body with fuel and satisfy you.
- Relax – If you feel like you have been go, go, go, take some time to relax! It is okay to have time for yourself.
- Get a task done that you have been putting off – sometimes self-care looks like hard work and checking something off your To Do list will make you feel good!
Self-love is important because it keeps you aware of the choices you make and how they will affect you personally. Self-love will encourage you to make healthy and happy choices in your life.
Here is a list of things that you can do for self-love!
- Journaling – writing down your thoughts and things that you love about yourself can be reminders as to why you are so amazing.
- Be kind to yourself – when you look in the mirror or at a picture of yourself, point out all the positives and things you love! This way you can show love to yourself. Surround yourself with positives – being around positive things and people can boost your mood and your outlook on life!
- Express gratitude – thinking about what you’re grateful for and telling people around you that you are grateful for them can even boost your own self-esteem as you notice the good around you.
- Do something that makes you happy – Having your favorite snack or watching your favorite movie can boost your mood and be a reminder of the little things!
“I stopped imagining and dreaming about what my life could be, and I created a life that is so much bigger than I could’ve ever imagined”
– Jenni Viken, Choosing Healthy Relationships
Don’t forget to set time aside for yourself! Pick a time or day and do some of your favorite things. Maybe take a bath or do a face mask, even have some ice cream!